Winchester City Council has recently appointed The Sports Consultancy to complete a Sports Facility Strategy. The overall aim of the project is to prepare a Sports Facility Strategy to examine the available supply and demand for the following facility types:
- Swimming Pools
- Sports Halls
- Artificial Turf Pitches
- Health and Fitness Facilities (including Studios)
- Tennis Courts
- Gymnastics Facilities
- Athletics Facilities.
The analysis will include consideration of the future need and demand for facilities and development of an action plan for the Winchester area, covering the next 20 years. More specifically it will result in:
- A clear understanding of the current and future supply and demand issues for key sporting facilities in terms of quantity, quality and location.
- Identification of recommendations and priorities to assist Winchester City Council and key stakeholders with the delivery of sporting outcomes for the area for the next 20 years.
- Development and delivery of a Sports Facility Strategy that is capable of formal adoption by Winchester City Council to shape its investment and facility priorities for the next 20 years.
- Links with Winchester City Council’s Strategy (2017-20), which identifies as one of its strategic outcomes: ‘Improve the health and happiness of our community’’ particularly through sport and helping people to be active.
- Reference to the Winchester District Sport and Physical Activity Framework 2013-18 which was developed to ensure that people in the district have opportunities to become a more active and healthy community.
Town and Parish Councils have been identified as key consultees by Winchester City Council. As part of the consultation stage of our work, we have a number of questions. The short online survey should take circa 10 minutes to complete and can be accessed via the following link.
The deadline for responding to the questionnaire is 26 May 2017. We hope that you will take this opportunity to complete this questionnaire to help inform the development of Winchester City Council’s Sports Facility Strategy (2017-2037).